Tomorrow I’ll take my second english certificate.
I’ve been studied english in a deep way for more than two months at least one hour a day and I would write a feedback of my actual knowledgement what is done good and what I need to improve.
There are many steps that you must follow when you learn a new language:
- you learn the grammar, the voucabulary etc
- you become to explain everything.
- you become able to explain everithing with a lot of vocabulary, synonyms that are different on the basis of the environment:
For instance it is better to don’t use one word more time in a sentence. You have to use a synonym.
If you want to say an apology you can say “sorry” (informal) or “I would like to tell you my apology” (formal)
- you replace the thought of your original language with the thought of your destination language when you speak with yourself
- you become able to write a complex text
- you become able to understand a film like the following without the subtitles
Now I think to have an high level of english because I’m able to talk about everything as in the present as in the past as in the future by using a lot of synonyms and also I’m able to choose the correct word on the basis of the environment (formal or informal) and I speak with myself in english
My problems are the following
- I some times confuse some words such as few and little:
I know that little is used for uncountable nouns such as “little money” but instinctively I say “few money” because in my mind few=much=uncountable many=little=countable (wrong). I need more extercises but American and British Academy have few extercises, is better Douolingo and when I finish this course I will do Duolingo tests.
- There are some words that I never remember because I rarely use them but they are written on my english memory test
- In my opinion the most difficult skill to have is undrestanding spoken english such as videos even if the interlocutor speaks fastly and with slangs because in this case first of all you must understand all the terms used into the phrase and then you’ll undrestand the sense of this one.
I think that the advanced level of American and British academy is not enough to speak english perfectly for this reason I would like to have the following goals:
- I would like to finish all the American and British academy courses by the 10th of November 2014 this course is necessary to understand the english rules and the english accent gradually
- I would like to finish All Duolingo three by the end of january 2015. The duolingo tests are more complex than ABAEnglish tests
- when I’ve free time I’ll watch videos and films in english language with subtitles in italian and also I’ll read news in english
- At the end of my duolingo test I’ll correct all articles written here and I would like to discover how much mistakes I’ve done to know how my ability is increase in these days
- when I’m ready I’ll try to do IELTS exam
I do my best to speak english very well asap I hope that I’m able to reach this goal.